On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 06:15 AM, Pauline Blackwood wrote:
My Wallstreeet Powerbook has broken screen hinges. I have to prop it up against books just to use it...:) I live in Toronto, Canada and I was wondering if there are any other Canadian Wallstreet owners on this list who had this problem and how did they fix it. I know that PBParts.com will replace the hinges with steel hinges . Has anyone used this company?

Yes, they fixed the hinges on mine. I'm a satisfied customer.

Is it worth for me to ship my book to the states... or should I just try to find a local service shop. Thanks for help...:)

They rebuild your old hinges. They will sell you rebuilt hinges and you get credit if you send in the broken ones. The additional cost for them to do the work was minimal so I elected to send my WallStreet to them rather than replace the hinges myself.

Paul