I've been dragging my feet on jumping from 9.2.2 to Jaguar and will
likely make the switch this month or next. However, a question or two:

1) Where can I find a compatability list of minimum versions of
(commercial) software programs that will run under Jaguar? I have some
considerably older versions and want to figure into my budget how much
I'll need for software upgrades (in addition to a larger hard drive for
my Pismo).

     Some of the programs I have include these -
Adobe Illustrator (7.x)
Adobe Photoshop Elements (1.0)
Adobe Photo Deluxe (2.0)
Accordance (3.0)
Fontographer (4.1.4)
MOTU Freestyle (2.31)
Alsoft DiskWarrior (2.1.1)
     (also have Plus Optimizer, but I know it's not yet ready for X)
Iconographer (2.0.1)
Interarchy (trying out 6.2)
Mozilla (1.2.1)
Netscape (7.0.2)
Palm Desktop (2.6.3)
PGP (7.0)
Quicken 2000 Deluxe
SwapTop (1.7)
Webshots Desktop Lite (1.0.2)
URL Manager Pro (2.8)

plus I'll be getting either BBEdit Pro and/or Tex-Edit Plus,
Konfabulator, Candy Bar, Fruit Menu, Drop Drawers, GraphicConverter,
Safari, and maybe some others.

I have the combined AppleWorks (6.2.5/6.2.7) version and will be using it
and Claris Emailer (2.0v3), along with possibly iCab (2.9.5).

Is there a place I can find which are the minimum versions of these that
run under Jaguar? I seem to recall that either MacWorld or the Macintosh
Bible used to have a list like that, but I'm just not finding such a list
in my Googles.

2) Has anyone used Discribe for making DVDs on a Pismo (successfully)?
I've seen some external CD/DVD burners and wondered if I could make DVDs
using my Pismo. I think I had read that iDVD had speed requirements, but
didn't know if Discribe could work on systems slower than the iDVD needed.

Any and all help appreciated,

Jim Rohde

One standard to rule them all, one standard to find them,
One standard to bring them all, and in darkness bind them.
In the land of Microsoft, where Shadows lie.