On 11/5/03 2:30 PM, Laurent Daudelin apparently wrote:

>on 11/4/03 8:22 PM, Geoffrey Loeffler at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Back to G Books, who has used the upgrade proccessors in the pismo,
>> the 900 sounds good, the G4 I really will not see a speed bump as I
>> have a 500, except maybe in Panther
>> Geoff
>
>The last time I checked on Powerlogix site, the G4 upgrade was no longer
>available, as, according to Powerlogix, the 900MHz G3 was way too popular to
>continue offering the G4 upgrade. Unless you have another place that still
>has them in stock, of course.

I wonder (anyone out there know?) if the upgrade would help as much with
Jaguar/Panther, since aren't the graphics chips on another board than the
'daughterboard' which has the CPU? If the graphics chipset is not
upgraded, I expect that will be some kind of slowdown factor (since the
graphics chipset affects the Quartz rendering (or lack of).

If anyone has done a G4 upgrade (or talked with a manufacturer of same),
you might speak about if it does/doesn't improve Quartz rendering under
Jaguar/Panther. Anyone know for sure?

Jim Rohde

One of life's greatest rules...
    you cannot hold a torch to light another's path
    without brightening your own.