http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3444622980&category=38119cg

>Yes, they would definitely work. Maybe the reason there is no bid is that,
>at almost $70, they may be a bit on the expensive side, or not a real great
>deal.
>
>I did a few searches on eBay and found a 30GB currently at $62, a few 40GB
>around $75, etc. Might be the reason why nobody bid so far...

That, and that - especially if 1) you're ripping your CDs with iTunes, 2)
you are running MacOS X, and/or 3) you want plenty of storage and a quick
drive - this drive is no faster than the drive that came with your G3
(Pismo and maybe even earlier) and only twice the size, so it's not that
great of a deal.

I have found that each time I get a larger drive, I think it's big enough
for my needs and yet (year or two later) I soon find the drive getting
filled up. So from my 10GB (which actually is about 9.6-9.8GB usable) I
expect that my next drive will need to be 60GB. And from posts on this
list, there is a big difference between the 4200rpm drives (which tend to
have only a 2MB buffer) and the newer 5400 or 7200rpm drives (and the
better ones of these have an 8 or 16MB buffer, which makes them much
quicker - less going back to the drive). YMMV, of course.

Jim Rohde

You have to recognize that every out-front maneuver you make is going to
be lonely. But if you feel entirely comfortable, then you are not far
enough ahead to do any good. That warm sense of everything going well is
usually the body temperature at the center of the herd.
     - John Masters