On 1/5/04 5:22 AM, Tony Coult wrote:

>Because my Airport card connection seems faulty, I've been on the
>lookout for a PC card substitute for my Pismo. Saw a card in a sale at
>Maplin's for only =A312 and bought it on the off chance that it might be
>a badged card that would work in the Mac. It's a Binatone WL1000 and it
>has a little green light that suggests that it is picking up the
>Airport signal. But the connection isn't recognised. The software is
>PC-only. Does anyone know of software that will make this card work?
>TiA TONY

Tony, you might check at I/O Experts:
http://www.ioexperts.com/

They often have drivers for using third-party products under MacOS X.

HTH,

Jim Rohde

You have to recognize that every out-front maneuver you make is going to
be lonely. But if you feel entirely comfortable, then you are not far
enough ahead to do any good. That warm sense of everything going well is
usually the body temperature at the center of the herd.
     - John Masters