On 1/6/04, John Collins wrote:

>My new to me Pismo has 256 Mb of memory in the J1 slot and J2 is empty.
>I think there is a difference in what can be put in. Can somebody give
>me some info or point me to an appropriate site.
>
>  I want to add to the J2--What will work and any suggestions about
>purchase. Since i have not opened this one, can somebody point me to
>the instructions appropriate.

There are also guides on Other World Computing's site to find which
specific types of RAM you need. Don't recall if they have installation
stuff, but you can find that on Transinternational's site and Apple's.
Look on Apple's site for CIP - Customer Installable Parts and PowerBook
(Firewire). If you have the user's manual that came with the Pismo, it
also (IIRC) has instructions on installation procedures there.

HTH,

Jim Rohde