On 2/3/04, Geoffrey Loeffler wrote:

> So let the opinions roll, new- used -stay-upgrade ????

Since I have a (for now, not working) Pismo (till I can afford the
repairs to the sound/I-O card and a new battery), so I'm a tad biased.
Previously have had IIcx, Quadra 700, and inherited my brother's Rev. A
iMac, so my experience is also with older systems.

But speaking for myself, I am also waiting on Apple to come out with as
well-featured of a 'Book as the Pismo, preferably with the Pismo's visual
appeal! For me, the TiBooks and AlBooks look like metal bricks (pizazz?
NOT!), and the iBooks, while looking a bit better than the metalBooks,
still is plain when I compare it to the Pismo's lines.

So I'm hoping Apple will get beyond plain, boring lines for their 'Books
again and make them interesting to view - meanwhile, I'll fix up my
Pismo, and maybe get another clean, used one (off eBay or elsewhere) and
upgrade it as much as feasible and financially worthwhile.

My .02,

Jim Rohde