I recently heard that some of the newer 'Books use a DVD install disc
rather than the CDROM of the full retail box (I'm talking about Jaguar
here - just running a little behind). I've seen one of the DVD(ROM?)s
offered at a good price, but am wondering if it should work on my Pismo.
Has anyone attempted/installed from these (all-on-one) DVDs?

The disc appears to be the grey color (OEM?) like the eMac CDROM sets
that OWC has been selling for a while, and I think it's originally from a
PBG4-14 inch. Can the DVD be used in my Pismo's DVDROM drive, or does
anyone know *for sure* (actually tried it yourself, successfully or not)?
Not 'a friend of a friend' anecdotal, but actual, first-hand experience,
please.

Also, if it indeed can mount on the Pismo'a drive, can I backup the DVD's
contents to (a couple of) CDROMs on my burner (after making a disc image
from it, I'm sure)?

Any and all personal experiences you can share will be quite appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Rohde