on 29/05/04 13:26, George Ruta at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Running OS 10.3.3 on 15" AluBook. Each time I restart, the icon for my
> harddrive has moved to a new location on my desktop. Any explanation or
> cures? TIA

Another possible reason is, have you saved any files on the desktop which
were close to the original location of the hard drive icon? If so, I've
found that the Finder (in various incarnations of the Mac OS (8/9/X) will
move the drive icon if there is a file too close to where the icon might
go.

If that's what happened, move your files away from the corner (or
wherever you'd like the icon usually to be), and restart.

HTH,

Jim Rohde