On 25-Feb-06, at 11:03 AM, phoenix wrote:

Quoth Amber Robey :

Sorry...we have asked people not to send test messages to the list
and they continue to do so.

I routinely send test messages to various lists I'm on, but they're
cleverly disguised with some on-topic content.

Hi A.J,

This is certainly the preferred way to test your subscription to a group - sending an on-topic message to the list to see if it shows up. Thank you for doing so !!!

(The note below is addressed to the general list membership):

I was referring to those who are simply posting messages bearing a single word "test" or something similar. It is quite annoying to the list membership and not necessary at all. Just post as you would normally. If your message doesn't show up or you receive an error message, try subscribing again or contact one of the list nannies (OFF-LIST please) for assistance.

If the message does show up - you know you are subscribed and have also contributed something meaningful to the group at the same time.

Amber Robey
G-Books List Nanny