Dear Philip,

You write:
This could be a protracted debate. I'll wait for your article. But I think you need a book. A lot of close and careful exegesis is needed to reach your conclusions (as mine).
Fair enough.

By the way, off topic, my forthcoming book, _Berossus and Genesis, Manetho and Exodus:  Hellenistic Histories and the Date of the Pentateuch_ (allegedly at the printers) features a very nice quote from your _In Search of 'Ancient Israel'_ on circular reasoning in the Documentary Hypothesis.  IMO yours was the definitive common sense statement on the alleged discovery of a Deuteronomistic MSS under Josiah.

Best regards,
Russell Gmirkin
--- Begin Message ---
Dear Philip,

You write:
This could be a protracted debate. I'll wait for your article. But I think you need a book. A lot of close and careful exegesis is needed to reach your conclusions (as mine).
Fair enough.

By the way, off topic, my forthcoming book, _Berossus and Genesis, Manetho and Exodus:  Hellenistic Histories and the Date of the Pentateuch_ (allegedly at the printers) features a very nice quote from your _In Search of 'Ancient Israel'_ on circular reasoning in the Documentary Hypothesis.  IMO yours was the definitive common sense statement on the alleged discovery of a Deuteronomistic MSS under Josiah.

Best regards,
Russell Gmirkin

--- End Message ---