----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffrey B. Gibson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <>
Cc: "Dierk van den Berg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Megillot] Jesus and Angels

I was looking at Gaster's article in the IDB not his translation of the DSS. On
top of that,  I'm not certain what it is that you think needs explaining?

Jeffrey
--
Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

Alas, the thesis itself, the assumption of a generalizing, context-less equalization of "His/Your Holy Ones" (angels) and "The Holy Ones" (human).
A terminological scheme of arrangement would be
"God's Holy Ones", to be distinguished from human "Holy Ones".
Without such a distinction the thesis is somewhat hazardous, IMO.

Good luck!

_Dierk
RU Nijmegen, NL
kullu nafsin dsa 'iqatu l-mawt (surah 3.185)
*all living is pervaded by the taste of death*
[Momentum of Shiite al-Mahdi Messianism]