This is on a IBM (Lenovo) ThinkPad T60.

   - What g4u version do you use
      - 2.4alpha3 <http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/#history>
   - What exact command(s) did you use
      - just booted the cd and selected option 1 (2 and 3 fail also)
      - What exact output did you get (all of it, 1:1, no interpretation on
   your own)?
      - see below bullets
      - If the system hangs during boot: what are the last five lines
   printed on the screen (again all three of them, verbatime)
      - see above
      - What does "disks" say? "parts"?
      - not accessible
      - If you have some problems with some network card or disk driver,
   please include the relevant parts from "dmesg" output (scroll down with
   'space')
      - not accessible
      - What operating system, filesystem type and FTP server software do
   you use on your FTP server?
      - not applicable

Messages on screen:

WARNING: CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
Running MAKEDEV all ...ugen0 at uhub3 port 2
ugen0: STMicroelectronics Biometric Coprocessor, rev 1.00/0.01, addr 2
done.
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client V3.0.3
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client V3.0.3
Copyright 2004-2005 Internet Systems Consortium.
Copyright 2004-2005 Internet Systems Consortium.
All Rights reserved.
All Rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/products/DHCP
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/products/DHCP

wpi0: could not read firmware file
uvm_fault(0xcaf9d750, 0, 1) -> 0xe
fatal page fault in supervisor mode
trap type 6 code 0 eip c0449d35 cs 8 eflags 10246 cr2 45 ilevel 6
panic: trap
syncing disks... done

The operating system has halted.
Please press any key to reboot.

--
"NOTICE:  Due to the shortage of ROBOTS and COMPUTERS some of our workers
are HUMAN and, therefore, will act unpredictably when abused."