At what point does g4u start writing the image to the FTP server?

I ask this because I see that 41987 MB have already been processed by g4u at
a rate of around 600 KB/s, but nothing has been written to the FTP server
yet.

I run df -h before running g4u and found out that the FTP partition had 100
GB available.  After g4u has been running for a while and 41987 MB have
already been processed, I still see 100 GB available in the FTP partition.

Thanks,

Manuel