Hi Tim,

I'll take the liberty to CC the g4u-help list, as this may come up again:

Am 18.06.2013 um 20:08 schrieb Tim Burks:
>    Something about 2.5s netbsd file not like the one before. Ive extracted it
> from the floppies and uploaded to my pxe server. Doing so with the latest 2.5
> file pxe clients cant boot G4U.  I have revered back to the 2.4 netbsd file
> which works fine. I cant seem to resolve the difference. I do notice that the
> old netbsd file is 7,487,132 in size and the newer is 6,902,704.
>   I notice on your webpage a link for zipped which extracts 3 files but for
> uncompressed there is only disk one and two links listed.
> Maybe Im confused as which set I need.
>   As far as the error goes, the boot process stops here: root on md0a dumps
> on md0b, no file system for md0, cannot mount root error 79,.  After that
> some usb lines and hangs.

g4u 2.5 changed from a kernel that includes the root filesystem as ram-disk
(root on md0a) to a system that just loads the kernel, and then loads the
ramdisk with the root filesystem (still at md0a) from an extra file. see the
boot.cfg file:

        menu=Start g4u:load /miniroot.kmod;boot netbsd

"netbsd" is still the kernel, and "miniroot.kmod" is the root filesystem which
gets loaded before the kernel starts.

IIRC it's possible to also do this with PXE. Check this out for documentation
on how to do this, which actually doesn't cover NetBSD but g4u :-)

        http://math.uwb.edu.pl/~mariusz/projects/g4u/

Enjoy!

 - Hubert