Feature Requests item #952813, was opened at 2004-05-12 15:40
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=952813&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Problem:
If you have an open IRC chat window and are
disconnected - either manually or by the powers that be
- the channel will have to be rejoined, even if the
window remains open and you appear to be in a channel.

Procedure to reproduce bug:
1. Create an account for an IRC server.
2. Enter said IRC server and join a channel on it.
(chat window, not one of the IM windows).
3. a/ Disconnect from IRC server by deactivating it in
the accounts window.
b/ Pull the plug of your connection or something so
that you enter a disconnected state to the IRC server.
4. Try to type in IRC chat window: it will not send text.
5. Do not close IRC chat window.
7. Connect to the same IRC server again.
8. Try to type in IRC chat window: it will not send text.
9. Do not close IRC chat window, but rejoin channel.
10. Type in chat window for IRC: It will send text.

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)