Feature Requests item #1071457, was opened at 2004-11-23 00:16
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1071457&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hey there... I'm having a problem with my "auto-login"
feature, and while typing out the problem, thought I
might come put a suggestion for the main window/loggin
screens... And the feature change might help if this is a
big bug, and not just some fritz on my machine... The
Bug id# is 1071453 if you want to check it out.

Anways, on to the RFE...

In Windows, if you don't have any accounts set to auto-
loggin you get a screen very similar to the loggin screen
of AIM. You know, with the username, password, sign
on button.... etc... But that screen really really doesn't
make any sense.
I don't know of a single user that uses gaim that ONLY
uses one client... Isn't that the whole point of gaim, is
to be able to be on several clients at once? So, this first
window makes that impossible, and makes you go
through more steps...

So, wouldn't it be easier, nicer to look at and use, if you
had a window similar to the Accounts window? You
know, the one where you can add, modify, delete, or
sign onto your clients there? Seems this would help with
the problem... And you could call the window Main
instead of Accounts... Maybe add a button for Log Into
All... or Disconnect From All, then a loggin button for
each one, instead of the check... or maybe some other
visual way of doing it.

Not saying that the current way is bad, it's not. But it's
just not effective for what it's even there for.
I mean, why not skip that window all together and go
straight to the buddy list....

That's my request. Hope it gets put in, but seems that
all the updates lately have really been bug fixes and
small things. Nothing major.
I'm not complaining, I know how hard it is to work on
this stuff, just in your free time, plus deal with all of us
(your users) complaining and such. So, if someone has
time to fiddle with this... even if it's not a developer,
but someone who can program, then maybe you could
offer an example and submit it... Can't screw it up that
bad, could you?

Thanks guys and girls for all your hard work on this
project! Keep it up!

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)