Feature Requests item #1156052, was opened at 2005-03-03 12:45
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1156052&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: win32
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Windows gaim should act like a windows application.  I
also think it should act like firefox where windows has
no standard.  To that end, I recommend these changes:

---------------------------------------
CTRL-F4 should close a conversation tab, not CTRL-W.

Middle mouse button should close a convo tab.

CTRL-1, CTRL-2, etc. should switch between the 1st,
2nd, etc. tab.

Not everything needs a keyboard shortcut like CTRL-F4,
but every singe menu item should have a letter
underlined so it can be accessed via keyboard.  Some
items don't ("Direct IM" and "Edit Buddy Comment," for
example).

When I have a buddy highlighted, and I press the left
arrow, the highlighter should jump to the group name.
I should them be able to press left to collapse the
group, and right to expand it.

View Log should have a keyboard shortcut.  If we change
the name of it to "history" (which is a more accurate
term) it could be CTRL-H, since CTRL-L is clear.

If I press ALT-F4 in the conversation window, and I
have more than one conversation open, I should be
warned that there are multiple conversations and I
should asked to confirm whether I truly wish to close
the window,  Of course, I should be able to disable
this option.

I have more similar suggestions, but before I continue
I want to make sure I'm submitting them in the proper
format.  (I've never used soureforge before or worked
on an open source project.)  Please let me know. My
screen name is:  THE RMONUCL EAAR ON

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)