Feature Requests item #1115524, was opened at 2005-02-03 11:13
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350235&aid=1115524&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: msn
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Given the response to my bug submission
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1115493&group_id=235&atid=100235)
I'd like to make a formal request for support of
Exchange Instant Messenging.  It looks like there have
been past forum posts
(http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=1757730)
and support requests
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=235&atid=200235&func=detail&aid=756764)
on the topic of EIM, but not anything official, or at
least ones that were kept up on.

I'd like to move over to Linux at work, but need to
have IM support.  It seems there are no IM clients for
Linux that support EIM, although gaim appears to be the
closest; close enough that I thought it actaully did
support it.

In nosnilmot's comment to my bug report, he noted that
the protocols are different.  How much does EIM vary to
MSN?  So much that it would be a significant undertaking?

Thanks for gaim; it really is great!  Hope that gaim's
future will iinclude support of EIM!

Comment By: Luke Schierer (lschiere)