Hi Lee,

If setting up Galaxy on an existing supported cluster, I would estimate
the setup time for an experienced sysadmin to be a day or two, although
that number can be larger if a lot of tools that depend on external
binaries (e.g. NGS mappers) and locally cached reference genomes are
desired, or you'd like to use the Sample Tracking/sequencer integration
features.

Once running, it usually only needs intervention if more disk space is
needed, or to perform updates to new versions.  New stable versions are
released about once a month and should usually only take about 10
minutes to apply, although we reccommend reading the accompanying
Development News Brief.  Reading the brief ensures there aren't any
surprises, and to be made aware of any new configuration options or
features.  This task is fairly simple but a basic to intermediate
knowledge of system administration will be helpful here.

You may want to have your staff review the documentation at
http://usegalaxy.org/production to get an idea of what's involved in
setting up a production Galaxy server.