Hi,

We wrap our tools in perl and ruby scripts and have them execute in a
randomly named folder. Things all work well, both in & out of workflow,
until I want to merge the log files of workflow components as later
tools don't know where the previous were running.
Ideally I'd like to run all tools in the same (randomly named) folder
and write all logs to one file. The first tool can easily name & create
the folder but how do I invisibly pass this filepath to subsequent
tools?

I've managed to write the filepath as an output file & send it to the
second tool in workflow, but this appears to require a txt data
parameter that is visible to the user and is auto-populated from history
if the tool is used out of workflow. Plus it's not the seamless passage
of data I'm looking for.
I'll obviously need to build in some code to accommodate running tools
out of workflow i.e. when filepath = nil, but I think that'll be the
easy part.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve
The information contained in the EMail and any attachments is
confidential and intended solely and for the attention and use of
the named addressee(s). It may not be disclosed to any other person
without the express authority of the HPA, or the intended
recipient, or both. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message or any part
of it. This footnote also confirms that this EMail has been swept
for computer viruses, but please re-sweep any attachments before
opening or saving. HTTP://www.HPA.org.uk