Hi Ann

I am definitively interested in any form of collaboration - thank you very much for bringing up this idea!

However, I also share some of the concerns which have been raised by others. Even in Europe, we sometimes struggle to coordinate a conference call with the Americas and very often the quality is so bad it is impossible to have a discussion. Also, looking at the success of your original e-mail, now imagine a conference call with more than 20 participants...

You can call me 'old fashion' but I prefer face-to-face meetings. So I am looking very much forward to Chicago this summer. I am aware, due to costs and other reasons not everybody will be able to attend GCC.

Having regional Galaxy meetings is one solution. Together with the Galaxy developers, I intended to organize an European Galaxy workshop as part of ECCB2012 in Basel in September. Unfortunately, the ECCB organizers did approve our proposal. I will now organize a smaller (Swiss) workshop in fall which will be open to everybody. I'll keep the list posted as soon as it has been finalized.

Nevertheless, I hope we can create an even better community and I will make any effort to take part in any upcoming Galaxy conference calls.

Regards, Hans