On 05/03/2012 12:10 PM, Peter Cock wrote:
Hi all,

Is it possible for a Galaxy Admin to browse any user's history?
Sadly the "Admin" page on the wiki is still rather lean:
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Admin/Interface

For instance, I've monitored a large Galaxy job on our cluster, and now
that it has finished I'd like to see the results (in this case, the error
messages) - without having to first ask the user to share their history
with me. Is that possible via the normal Galaxy Admin pages?

for cases like this, we use the additional galaxy report server. It is very handy to track down what went wrong (ie how did the executed command look like) and who was the 'culprit' (see: 'reports_wsgi.ini' )

Alternatively, is this something I could do via the impersonation
option? i.e. enable allow_user_impersonation in universe_wsgi.ini

"allow_user_impersonation" is great and will probably help in your situation as well. Unfortunately, it does not (yet) work with external authentication, to follow up, see:
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/issue/705/

Regards, Hans