I'm getting the error below... the dataset appears fine.  The egg appears to be
in the right place...

[root@admin galaxy-dist]# ls -l ./eggs | grep pexpect
-rw-rw-r-- 1 galaxy galaxy   78539 Jul 30 08:11 pexpect-2.4-py2.6.egg

[root@admin galaxy-dist]# python --version
Python 2.6.6

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "./scripts/set_metadata.py", line 31, in <module>

    import galaxy.model.mapping  # need to load this before we unpickle, in
order to setup properties assigned by the mappers

  File "/panfs/storage.local/opt/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/model/__init__.py",
line 9, in <module>

    eggs.require("pexpect")

  File "/panfs/storage.local/opt/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/eggs/__init__.py", line
414, in require

    raise EggNotFetchable( str( [ egg.name for egg in e.eggs ] ) )

galaxy.eggs.EggNotFetchable: ['pexpect']

I found a mention of this problem in a few places but no solution other than to
use python 2.6.6.