I am not aware of any other way new_file_path is accessed. Is it old
jobs that were queued up prior to the switch? I think
job_working_directory might actually be affected by the settings in
your object store configuration. Have you configured an object store?

In either case - knowing the specific tools to look at that are still
referencing these old files might really help diagnose the problem.

Hope this helps.
-John