From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 6:31 PM
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] Raceway, news, plans, and updates.

Hi gamers,
Here is a quick informal update on what USA Games will be doing with USA
Raceway. I know it has been a very long time since I have updated
everyone on what is going on with this title. so I would like to take
this time to fill everyone in.
 I'd like to caution gamers not to expect an early release date on this
title. I'm still very much at the beginning of development on this
product, and basicly redoing allot of work James North did simply as I
felt I could do a better job on some aspects of the game, and not to
mention Raceway will be using the .NET Framework version 2.0 since that
is now what I am directly supporting.
 However, on the bright side of things earlier today I located several
free racing effects of a pretty high quality. Not maybe as good as I
could find from a professional vender of sound effects, but certainly
good enough to jump start the game with some sounds, and will be great
for testing, and so on.
In addition to the new sounds I have now created a selection menu where
you can select a driver, (character,) who you will be playing. None of
the characters are actual drivers that I am aware of, but the names I
picked are common American names and you might be a woman driver named
Shelly Copeland, Amanda Erickson, Kelly Anderson, or you can be a guy
driver like Tony Miller, Frank Mitchel, or Bryan Campbell. Like I said
the names are common first and last names, and well sound like American
Nascar drivers but aren't really. Cool huh?
Another feature I added that wasn't in the Alchemy version I personally
find cool is the ability to select the sponser who you will be driving
for. You might be driving for Anheuser-Busch Beer, McDonald's, Pepsi
Kola, Radio Shack, Good Year, Valvoline, and several others.
After you select the driver who you will be and the sponsorship you will
have Raceway will asign your car a number from 1 to 99. From that point
you will be that driver, number, and have to drive for that sponsor for
the entire racing season.
Which brings me to the next bit of news. In the Alchemy version of
Raceway the game was pretty much designed to play one race. The USA
Raceway version is much different. You will actually be playing out an
entire season on several different tracks in different States.
An example of how this works is you go to the game start menu and select
"start new season." You will be walked through selecting a driver, a
sponsor, and then the game will randomly pick a season schedule for you.
Once that is done you will be asked to run a preseason race to practice
your time, racing, whatever. If you finish the preseason race or skip it
you will be sent to your first race on the schedule.
Once you finish the race, win or lose, you will be taken back to the
Raceway start menu where you can check your season standings, earnings,
or continue the season. If you press exit game it will exit saving your
place in the season. If you select continue season you will be sent to
your next location on your schedule.
Obviously, the guy who wins the race gets the prize money, cups, and
well your goal is to become the USA Raceway Champion.
Where are we now? Well, there is allot to go. I have to basicly write a
physics engine that will hopefully emulate realistic driving physics.
I'm also hoping to add in FF Racing Wheels, and of course I have to
write all the racing tracks. I basicly have one strait road I have been
using to test things with. In short a long ways to go, but I am making
progress.