I believe that method should work regardless of whether extensions are
showing, but thanks for the note.  <smile>

   As far as the right windows key, I certainly don't want to cause any
confusion, but most people I know, call that key the right windows key,
rather than the applications key, and the other, the left windows key, so
effectively, some  keyboards would have two left windows keys on them.

   <smile>  Am certainly not saying that you're wrong, and it may be a
matter of people simply using an incorrect name for a key, no biggie.  The
only place I've ever heard that key called an applications key is in
context of a screen reader, so perhaps that's correct.

   Anyway, thanks for the note and have an awesome day!...

Smiles,

Cara

At 10:20 PM 12/18/2006 -0700, you wrote:

>Just a slight correction.
>
>You will not be able to easily rename filenames including their
>extensions by doing what you describe below unless you have the show
>extensions option enabled in Windows. By default the extensions are
>hidden. However, if they are showing then your method which is very well
>written will work.
>
>Regarding the keyboard keys though. Most standard 104-key keyboards will
>have going from left to right the following keys:
>
>left-control, left-windows, left-alt, space bar, right alt, right
>windows, applications, right-control.
>
>So, the applications key is not the same as the right windows key. Now,
>I do have a keyboard which has only one windows key on the left, and on
>the right in place of it, there is just the applications key which is
>probably what you meant for this type of keyboard.
>
>I just wanted to clear this up to avoid any confusion. Also, it is
>called the applications key or the context key regardless of whether you
>use Jaws, Hal, Window-Eyes, Narrator, or nothing at all. <smile>.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>* Cara Quinn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-12-18 20:52]:
> >                   Hi Jamie,
> >
> > right click on the file name.
> > (or if you're using Jaws, use what they're calling the applications key
> > which is the right windows key)
> >
> >   this will bring up your right click menu
> >
> > find rename
> >
> > press enter on it
> >   this will put you in an edit field
> >   edit the file extension
> >
> > press enter
> >
> > You may see a dialogue then, which asks you to confirm
> >
> > tab to yes
> >
> > press enter
> >
> > The name should now be changed.
> >
> > Best of luck.
>

>--
>And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall
>wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until
>the even.
>                 -- Leviticus 15:27
>Raul A. Gallegos ... IliwSsmc

>--

   View my on-line portfolio at:

http://www.onemodelplace.com/CaraQuinn

   "The only things I really think are important, are love, and each
other.  -Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~cara-quinn