Simon,

I personally have not tried the Saitek game controllers you mentioned,
but I can say what we have here as gamers and developers is a bit of a
chicken and egg situation. What I mean by that is if gamers don't have
and don't request support for these controllers at most all developers
will have is very minimal and basic support for joysticks and other
controllers like this. If developers spend the time specifically
supporting these more advanced controllers but gamers don't have or
don't wish to buy them there is little need to support them. You see
the problem?

At the moment I don't know of any audio games that would fully support
a game controller like the Saitek controllers for the above reasons.
It hasn't been an issue until now for developers. Of course games that
have generic joystick and gamepad support will support it but only as
a basic joystick. If you want more you'd have to request extra support
from developer x  and see if he or she would be willing to upgrade
their joystick support.

Cheers!