Nicol,

I appreciate the thought being made here, but honestly I don't feel
ActionScript is a good choice for a blind developer. Maybe you do or
don't know this but ActionScript is basically the scripting portion of
Adobe's Flash Player. As such it uses quite a lot of Flash content and
controls, and I suspect accessibility could be an issue in a lot of
cases.

Admittedly I'm not an expert at ActionScript, since I don't really use
it myself, but I'd recommend any blind developer wishing to program
audio games to stay from web scripting solutions like ActionScript,
JavaScript, etc because they simply aren't the way to go when
developing games and apps. Those scripting languages do have there
place, but they were not designed for serious application and game
development. Those who do are generally referred to as "script
kiddies" by serious developers because instead of going about learning
programming and software development the right way they play around
with script languages usually not intended for the use they are
employing them for.

Cheers!