Hi Cara,

Yeah, I don't disagree with Michael's point that we need more high
quality audio games either. The question is how to get their in a
realistic way.

I think one possibility might be to begin with an open source project
of some kind. One point Michael made was the fact that while we have
some cool audio games like Paladin of the Sky or Entombed we have no
way to modify, expand, or add game content to the games. They are a
done deal. What you buy is what you get.

If someone were to create an Entombed that was open source that
wouldn't be a problem. Anyone who wanted to could grab the latest
source and add a new level, new adventure, or make modifications to
the game which would solve that problem. Of course the gamer would
have to be skilled in programming to make changes to the code, but
most of the difficult work would be done for him/her.

Also since it would be open source it could be a community project.
Copyrights would belong to the entire community and therefore I can
see some really interesting stuff coming out of such a project.

Cheers!