Hi Valiant,

That is true. The people who have the skills to make really high
quality audio games don't stay around long because if they have the
skills to make high quality audio games they probably have the skills
required to get a decent paying job in that field. Therefore making
games for free or even commercially for the blind isn't in their long
term best interests. We have seen this happen several times just over
the last decade or so.

Basically, it comes down to two things time and money. If there isn't
enough money in making audio games for the blind the person who has
the skills isn't going to take the time. Not when he or she can spend
that same amount of time working for a mainstream company and make
lots more money doing it. The little money made off of audio games
isn't really enough to pay for the developer's time, and therefore it
often comes down to doing it for the enjoyment of it.

Cheers!