Hi Dark,

Well, weather the violence in the game is harmless or not is up for
debate. In my personal opinion it is harmless in the sense that nobody
really gets hurt, it isn't really hurting anyone in real life, but I
find the nature of the violence in the game emotionally disturbing.

For example, when the game first loads you walk into a party and just
start stabbing people at random to death until all 10 of the party
goers are dead. We could argue that it is just a game, that we are
just acting out the part of a psychopathic killer, but for me doing so
is still unethical because I don't take killing people lightly. I'm
one of those sorts of people who is in favor of abolishing the death
penalty in the U.S. and am active in other humanitarian groups so just
walking into a party, bar, or some other place and killing people in a
game isn't my idea of fun or entertainment. It goes against my moral
and ethical inclinations to do so, and I found the game disturbing to
say the least.

I suppose that is why when I have enemies in my own games they aren't
particularly human. In MOTA, for instance, the enemies are
skeletons,harpies, centaurs, and so forth. Those are monsters not
people. Therefore I don't feel any ethical or moral objection to
killing them. Same goes with mowing down hoards of zombies in Swamp. I
don't consider zombies people so have no objection to slicing, dicing,
or killing as many of them as I can.