Where did you hear that the company went out of business?

-----Original Message----- From: englishride...@gmail.com
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:59 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Understanding the Pinball Concept

Can you still buy the ESP Pinball games? I thought that the company went out of business.

Thanks,
Ari

On Apr 13, 2016, at 1:00 AM, dark <d...@xgam.org> wrote:

Hi Sharren.

The way pinball works is you have a table that inclines away from you. At the bottom end towards you is the drain, ie, the place where your ball will go if you don't flip it away, a little like the goal in air hockey. Either side of the drain are two flippers, which are small flat peaces of metal or plastic that flick upwards, and can bounce a ball up the table, (though it'll inevitably roll down).

The table itself is full of mechanical apparatus all designed to change how the ball moves and get score. There are pads your ball can roll over to create more score, bumpers to bounce off, spinners that spinn around when your ball hits them, parts of the table that might lower in order to give you access to higher scoring areas etc. The object is to bounce your ball around, making sure it doesn't go down the drain and scoring as much as possible.

The esp pinball games for the pc from draconis are a wonderful simulation of pinball and also have great explanations of all the things you can find on tables, as well as some very funny challenges, I'd highly recommend them.

I've not played the blindfold version for Ios, though I do intend to, sinse pinball (when you can hear what is happening and track where the ball is going as in the esp games), is a huge amount of fun.

hth.