Hi Ari,
For the record the person I was emailing today didn't say anything about
suing me. At this point all he has done is ask me a lot of questions
about conflicts of interests, how I obtained the copyrights to
Montezuma's Return, how similar my game is to the Utopia title, etc. I
am hoping this is just some confusion on his part.
I did explain that my game is an accessible game, made for blind and low
vision users, and while it is similar to Montezuma's Revenge it is also
different. I am hoping those diferences and the fact it is not a video
game, per say, they will just leave me alone.
Though, after this little run in I am strongly thinking about changing
the name of the game again. While I like the name I have for the game I
would rather it not come up in search engines under Montezuma's Return
which is a trade mark of another company.
As for suing it is a sad fact people are sue happy over here in the USA.
When a woman can order hot coffee, spill it on herself, and then sue
McDonald's for selling her hot coffee and win you know something is
wrong with the legal system. I heard of a case involving a lawyer who
payed for a pack of cigars, insured them for fire damage, smoked them,
and then sued the insurance company for not paying him after his cigars
were smoked and won. My point is that suing over here is often
rediculous, but is a part of life.