Hi Shaun,
At the moment there really isn't anything to report about STFC 2.0.
Everything there is to know you probably know already. It is being
ported to Java 6, it is going to be based on the Next Generation series,
and obviously it will be a more stable version than 1.2.
Work on it has been haulted do to complications in getting the Genesis
engine ported to Java, and then getting some games built with it. Until
Genesis 3D is built and working Tomb Hunter I and Tomb Hunter II can't
be created and released.