Nice idea Bryan, however my point was that other than in the castlevania series, whips as holy weapons that have power over even normal undead like skeletons and zombies, let alone vampires etc are rather unknown, ---- I'm not sure why nintendo chose to give Simon a whip in the first place other than it being cool rather like Indiana jones' whip is cool.

As though Tom would obviously for copywrite reasons create an audio castlevania game which did not use the Belmont Family, ---- or possibly the Vampire killer whip, ---- why not include a more biblically logical weapon such as King Soloman's spear, the sword of Richard the Lion heart etc.

I'd hope Count Dracula was enough of a general public or historical character (there was afterall really a Count called vlad tepes dracula), for him to be useable in the game, even if all the other character's from stokers novel, ---- Johnathan Harker, mena and lucy etc wouldn't.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Developer time was: My Opinion of Q9

Why not both? Perhaps you could set it up so that the vampire could be harmed by the whip but not actually slain. So the player could use the whip to get the vampire near to death, so to speak, then the stake or whatever weapon could be a special weapon which alone had the power to actually finish the vampire off. It might be kinda like the battle with Gannon in the original Legend of Zelda. He could be harmed with the sword but not slain. Once he turned red the only way to finish him off was the silver arrow, otherwise he would heal. It took my brother months to figure that out. Homer: Hey, uh, could you go across the street and get me a slice of pizza?