Hi Ken, thanks. Perhaps if I can get my hands on the Pac Mate we have in our office for a while, then I will have to check out your NetHack Pack for the Pac Mate. Sometimes it pays to work as a trainer for an access tech company. grin

Jeremy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken" <kenwdow...@neo.rr.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Playing Nethack,either the DOS or Windows Version with Jaws, any tips?

First of all, you can play it with windows using the same nh file you use in dos. You'll want to turn off the virtual keypad in view menu and make sure you're set to ASCII in the map mode. If you have a braille display, download my game pack for the pac mate and you'll find a PPC version of Nethack. Even if you have only a display, the includeed NH file will make a lot more sense to you when using a display because it looks more like the symbols on a map--dots 4 5 6 being a vertical wall for instance. HTH

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremy Hartley" <jeremyhart...@comcast.net>