From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2010 5:38 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Q9 upcoming patch

Hi Philip.

just some random thoughts.

Firstly, I do agree about monsters falling into pits, sinse it seems
waaaaaay unfair really, pluss it would make tactics in fighting creatures
more important.

To compensate for this though, how about adding some more floor obstacles
such as thorny bushes which must be jumped, but which the various creatures
(due to their thick fur), could run streight through. These could be
designated by the same mud boundary as pits, but then a tree ratling in the
wind sound.

You might considder other obstacles such as pools of mud which slow your
movement so that enemies could get you (very nasty with those wolves), or
some static enemies which do lots of damage to you and in turn take lots of
hitting to kill, say for example snakes.

In the extra enemies point, I do think those bats are rather cool in the way

you must jump to hit them, however they are rather easy to kill given that
they can't attack you unless you yourself are jumping.  you might considder
therefore adding an enemy which flies like the bats and must be attacked
with a jump, but which dives down and attacks you once it reaches your
level, ---- say vultures or croes as an example.

You might also considder some unkillable hazards similar to the ones
superliam, ---- or indeed the monkeys stage of Tarzan jr had, such as
rolling or falling boulders, spouting water or flames from the ground which
need to be run past, or (for extra nastiness), pop out of pits so that you
need to time your jumps carefully.

To balance matters with new enemies, you might considder new weapons or
power ups for the player, ---- such as:

spears: longer reach than the club (but not as much as the sling), however
not as powerful (useful for attacking those snakes I mentioned sinse you
don't need to be close).

Dynamight: blows things up close to you (but obviously you don't get many).

Deus rockit: flies in the air and blows up bats or other airborn enemies
without you needing to jump.

potions: kept in inventory to be used with the p key when needed (fewer than

simple extra strength power ups).

tracter beam: activated with a single key press (eg the shift key), if used
when an item is falling, grabs the item wherever it is, without you having
to run under it.

I'll also say, some extra bosses would be awsome, sinse the one we've got is

certainly fun but I'm sure others could be added, but I'm not certain how
major a change you were planning, ---- these are of course just suggestions.

I'll look forward to seeing the new patch.

All the best,