Hi Jim,
Actually, I think the first live action game for the blind would have
to be Lone Wolf. It was GMA's second title and it was real time based
rather than turn based. Lone Wolf 1.0 was for Dos, but eventually
David Greenwood rewrote it in VB 6 and then 2.0 and later were full
Windows releases. So Lone Wolf probably takes the credit since it was
out far longer than Shades of Doom. Although, Shades of Doom was
probably the first true First-Person game for the blind.

HTH