Hey Thomas,
I don't see why you couldn't have some of monty's features in this game. I don't think whoever sent the cease and desist letter to you even played the game or looked at its documentation. even if they had, things like vanishing platforms are generic and you can't really patent or trademark it so they really can't do a thing about it.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] game difficulties was bestsidescroller?-Re:Q9version1.2.

Hi Yohandy,

Regarding sensativity that's pretty hard to do in an audio game.
Especially, one using a keyboard because something like DirectX only
cares if the key is pressed or released. How hard you hold it down is
irrelavant. So that is certainly a drawback to creating a game for the
PC.

As for moving/vanishing platforms, hanging ledges, etc I had all that
in Montezuma's Revenge. if I hadn't gottn my butt chewed on for
copyrights we would have a game like that right now.  So when I wrote
MOTA I wanted to step away from the Monte desaster and do something
different. Although, I could probably include some of Monte's
features.