From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 1:49 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA beta 17

Hi Karl,

Karl wrote:

I just finished playing through Mota 17 a couple of times. I am really
loving the new level, and I like how you have to do a lot of backtracking
and exploring to find out where to go.

My reply:

Glad to here that. I really tried hard to capture the feeling of playing
some of the Tomb Raider side-scrollers like Nightmare Stone and Prophecy for
the Gameboy. In those games there are timed traps, a lot of backtracking,
etc. So you'll likely see more of this as levels progress.

Karl wrote:

I found a bug and a balancing issue. The bug is that stairs do not show up
in the view command, so it is hard to tell where they are sometimes.

My reply:

Thanks for letting me know. I'll try and fix that asap. Although, They are
easy to find by their sound. The steps are made out of stone and the floor
is made out of dirt.

Karl wrote:

The balancing issue is that it is possible to encounter a harpy without
finding a healing potion. I would recommend simply starting the player with
one potion. I can hardly think that  Angela would not come prepared.

My reply:

Well, that's tricky. I understand your point, but these healing potions are
magical items left in the temple. That's not exactly the kind of thing you
pick up at the store and bring along with you on a tomb raiding adventure.So
where exactly where would she get that potion she has?

Karl wrote:

this has been brought up before, but I have another suggestion of how to
alert the player that they've been poisoned. The speech could simply say
something like "Health: fair. You are poisoned." This would be enough to
tell if you have been poisoned.

My reply:

Hmmm...Makes sense. Sounds like an easy enough thing to add. I'll look into
it.