Comment #5 on issue 1198 by darius.s...@rkt-online.com: gnt-backup does not attach ext-based snapshot
https://code.google.com/p/ganeti/issues/detail?id=1198

I don't really understand what you mean by "local" export?
The last exports I've tested with your patch where running in our test-environment which is a single xen-node named xen01.rkt-zentral.local:
gnt-backup export -n xen01 --no-shutdown debian.rkt-zentral.local

The export ist handeled by the ganeti-os-defs 1.2.6 (raw-image) OS script you can find here...
https://code.google.com/p/ganeti/wiki/OSDefinitions

I use this OS script because "RAW" works with every kind of instance... linux, bsd, solaris, windows.

I tested the export 3 and more times and did not see any failures in syslog or dmesg related to snapshot failure. The "wrong" backup with "stable-2.15" ended every time successfully. But as mentioned above it was taken from the origin and not the snapshot.

Should I make a more detailed report?
Which ganeti-logs should I attach?