On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 10:30:13AM -0600, Brad Nicholes wrote:
> Arenas Belon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The following proposed patch for stable 3.1, workaround a bug in the APR
> > headers in 32bit Linux that rely in off64_t being defined, which is only
> > the case when _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE is defined, failing otherwise with :
> >
> >   /usr/include/apr-1.0/apr.h:273: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or
> > '__attribute__' before 'apr_off_t'
> >
> > Contains changes from r1488
> >
> > Carlo
> > ---
>
> This is already being defined in the makefile.am's.  Are we missing something
> somewhere?  Should the -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE be removed from the
> makefile.am's in favor of a change to gm_metric.h? Or should it be defined in
> both places?

for now in both places (hence why it is #ifndef), because this was aimed at
out of tree C module builders which will have no way to know that
-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE is needed for them to get a working build.

The next step will be to remove it from the Makefile.am for mod_example and
then from all in-tree modules.  Removing it from all Makefile.am will be a
nice to have as well, but not yet for stable 3.1, and specially not for the
first release of it.

Carlo