Hi,

I've finaly reworked the whole makeinstall make dist-gzip rpm packaging and
debian packaging so whatever the way you install ganglia-webfrontend it results
is the exact same installation

Here is what the pull request is about:

[build & packaging] Reworked the install and packaging so it results in the
same
installation whatever the build is (manual, deb pkg or rpm pkg)

    * Use Makefile to make install for deb and rpm as well including config
files.
    * Include specfile in the dist-gzip so a rpmbuild -tb (tarbuild) can be
used
    * Added customization for rpmbuild using --with tags (see spec file for
usage and more details).
    * Use adequate default values for rpm. The apache_user is not www-data.
it's apache...
    * Use /etc/ganglia-webfrontend to store apache.conf what ever the distro
is. Make sure that a link is set to apache config dir using triggers or
postinstall.
    * Use /etc/ganglia-webfrontend to store conf.php what ever the distro is.
Use a generic conf.php in /usr/share/ganglia-webfrontend to load the file from
/etc/ganglia-webfrontend.
    * Replaced vargwebstatedir with vargwebdir in conf_default.php.in and
Makefile.
    * filters dir was not created under debian pkg or manual make install
    * Added possibility to have a httpd_group different from user. For instance
you can choose to install files under apache.daemon identity. If not specified,
a group with the same name as the user is used.
    * Added comment in the install section of the Makefile so it's clear.
    * Reworked dist-gzip target so version.php and spec file are generated
while other .in files remain so they can be tuned by make or make install.
    * Make sure that sharedstatedir is not owned by rpm package (conflict on
fc-18+), and updated %file section accordingly.
    * Removed the manual install and specific config files in debian packaging.
Using standard make install DESTDIR=...
I've tested a rpm -tb ganglia-web-3.5.13.tar.gz on fc-17 and rhel-6 and it
works fine. the tarball was generated using make dist-gzip.
I'll test tomorrow on debian.

Thanks for committing this update so it can be in 2.5.13 release.
Best regards.

Olivier.