Hello Fany,
First thing, if you are trying with any of the recent versions of
ganglia(gmond/gweb), you won't need to run the patch at all. It needed in a
lot earlier versions.

Secondly, if you are using stable releases, then it should be OK. However,
as  I have recently contributed with some enhancements/changes on this
module. So, as per side note, I will like to mention that, if you are
trying to install the gpu module from latest github repository version (
https://github.com/ganglia/gmond_python_modules/tree/master/gpu/nvidia) ,
you will also have to take the changes for ganglia-web module from this
pull request(https://github.com/ganglia/ganglia-web/pull/243) , which is
currently under review(hope to get merged soon).

Regards
Rana