Ken MacInnis wrote:

On Wed, 7 May 2003, David Bickle wrote:

Still having problems I've compiled gcc 3.2.2 from source with the
CPU=sparc64. I'm running Solaris 8. I have also compiled ganglia with
--enable-sparc64. gmond
still won't launch for some reason. Check this:

bash-2.03$ file /usr/local/sbin/gmond
/usr/local/sbin/gmond:  ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1,
dynamically linked, not stripped

Any suggestions?

What does 'gmond -d 99' say?  Is it coredumping or quitting?

Also, make sure you're running it as root.

But yeah, without the debug output we're all just randomly picking from the Grab Bag o' Fixes, which makes our advice only slightly more likely to help you than any random thing a first-tier dialup tech support rep could offer...