Branimir,

It seems as though multicast is not working. I would recommend going to unicast.

For your clusters this would mean picking 2 head nodes per cluster:

in gmond.conf_AEGIS01-PHY-SCL:

cluster {
 name = "AEGIS01-PHY-SCL"
}
udp_send_channel {
 host = "wn01.phy.bg.ac.yu"
 port = "8649"
}
udp_send_channel {
 host = "wn02.phy.bg.ac.yu"
 port = "8649"
}
udp_recv_channel {
 port = "8649"
}

in gmond.conf_AEGIS01-PHY-SCL_Core_Services:

cluster {
 name = "AEGIS01-PHY-SCL Core Services"
}
udp_send_channel {
 host = "se.phy.bg.ac.yu"
 port = "8649"
}
udp_send_channel {
 host = "rb.phy.bg.ac.yu"
 port = "8649"
}
udp_recv_channel {
 port = "8649"
}

in gmetad.conf running on se.phy.bg.ac.yu:

data_source "AEGIS01-PHY-SCL Core Services" se.phy.bg.ac.yu   rb.phy.bg.ac.yu
data_source "AEGIS01-PHY-SCL" wn01.phy.bg.ac.yu   wn02.phy.bg.ac.yu

If you can get multicast working, good luck, but it can be hard. Unicast is easy. To test the setup I gave you, telnet to a headnode (wn01, wn0 2, se, rb) on either cluster `telnet wn01.phy.bg.ac.yu 8649 | grep 'HOST NAME='`.

Do not forget to restart all the gmonds and the gmetad processes after making changes to your configuration files.

Good Luck,
Ian

Branimir Ackovic wrote:

Thank You Rick and Martin for quick response!

I allready tried configuration that Rick suggest, but it doesn't work. In that configuration I see only one node per data_source (the last one). One week ago, Michael Chang helped me to solve problem with this configuration:

data_source "AEGIS01-PHY-SCL1" 147.91.83.201
data_source "AEGIS01-PHY-SCL2" 147.91.83.202
data_source "AEGIS01-PHY-SCL3" 147.91.83.203

If I understand, Martin suggest that I need two machines with gmetad (one for each data_source). Now I have gmetad only on server with web frontend (se.phy.bg.ac.yu). It is true that the machines in the two groups do not see each other. Even in same group. I tried:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# telnet localhost 8649 | grep grid
Connection closed by foreign host.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# Both machines ce and grid are in the same data_source with same gmond.conf files. As you said, Martin, I found the problem, but I don't found solution for them. :(

You can found my gmond and gmetad conf files in attachment.

-----
Branimir Ackovic
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://scl.phy.bg.ac.yu/