On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 11:58:25AM -0800, Martin Knoblauch wrote:

Thank you Martin for your reply

> if you want unicast, I would leave out the "bind" thing. That is for
>multicast, AFAIK.

Unfortunately this did not help.

Here, a snippet of my config file with the IPs censored.

/* Feel free to specify as many udp_send_channels as you like.  Gmond
   used to only support having a single channel */
udp_send_channel {
  /*mcast_join = 239.2.11.71*/
  host = w.x.y.z
  port = 8649
}

/* You can specify as many udp_recv_channels as you like as well. */
udp_recv_channel {
  /*
  mcast_join = 239.2.11.71
  bind = 239.2.11.71
  bind = p.q.r.s
  */
  port = 8649
}

As you see, I'm running only on port declarations, except
I'm sending to w.x.y.z there which is the computer doing
the telnet or the ganglia-python program.

[doctype.definition.snip]
<GANGLIA_XML VERSION="3.0.2" SOURCE="gmond">
<CLUSTER NAME="unspecified" LOCALTIME="1133329350" OWNER="unspecified"
LATLONG="unspecified" URL="unspecified">
</CLUSTER>
</GANGLIA_XML>
Connection closed by foreign host.

That is the result of telnet p.q.r.s I'm afraid, even with the bind
removed :P

The reason I was having the bind statement there, btw, was that the
box in question has interfaces eth0, eth0:0, lo and lo:1 so that
I wanted to be sure it goes on the correct IP.

>telnet w.x.y.z 8649
>Should give you a correct list of metrices.

Did I miss something here too? It outputs XML by default, not the
metrices, right?

Vielen Dank!

--
mjt