Dave,

That's for spotting that one!

-----
Yemi

On Aug 25, 2006, at 12:56 PM, Dr. Dave Blunt wrote:

Hey,

Make sure that the patch to gmetric's cmdline.sh sets the heartbeat flag to be optional (by adding the text 'no' at the end of line 17). What was happening to me was that gmetric was requiring the heartbeat flag. The code in gmond was seeing that flag and then accepting the heartbeat without processing the actual metric. Once I rebuilt gmetric I see my metric against the host.

So, now I can spoof 2000 hosts with 30 metrics each and see how our check code performs against the XML API... :)

Dave.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Knoblauch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 8:02 AM
To: Bernard Li; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Dr. Dave Blunt; ganglia-general@lists.sourceforge.net; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Ganglia-general] Ganglia scaling testing?

Hi,

 Yemi just recently sent me a patch file. I will add that to bugzilla.
Unfortunatelly the inline patch there is not really helpful.

Martin

--- Bernard Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Guys:

I haven't checked the archives, but is Yemi's spoofing code available
somewhere?  Perhaps in bugzilla?

I have a friend who wants to try it out...

Thanks,

Bernard