Bernard,
        No go.  This doesn't have the patch that I sent to work the OSX
issues in gmetad.  It does have the suggestion by Brad,  of putting
an if statement in the read loop to test for the POLLUP.  However,
from the previous beta (3.0.5  on ~ Sept 10th) testing cycle and my
email response back to the list after that beta, his suggestion
doesn't work on OSX.

The reason is that the KERNAL is done reading off the socket and sets
the POLLUP flag BEFORE gmetad finishes reading the entire buffer.
Thus, by breaking out of the read loop before the entire buffer is
read, we get an incomplete message, and thus the messages are
discarded by the XML parser.   The discarded messages  results in
incorrect display in the ganglia PHP, by stating that machines are
down, gaps in monitoring, etc.

Sorry.  RC is a no go on OSX.

Mike